Hence, we have brought you this guide Why Every Website Needs a Custom 404 Page. So, without further ado, let us begin.
The abhorred 404 page. Curse of all webmasters everywhere.
Or are they really?
In this article, we will try going over all the necessary things that you need to know about these 404 error pages and we will try bringing home the idea as to why these pages are really necessary.
What is a 404 Page?
A 404 page, or error page, is the content that the user sees when trying to reach an entity on our website. This is the page your server will show if it cannot request the URL.
Use 404 Pages for Good
404 errors can be frustrating for users, so the main purpose of a 404 page is to turn a potentially negative user experience into a positive one.The key is links.
Links to 404 pages are important because they provide users with a way to get away from the error page. Instead of closing the window or leaving your website, the user can look for helpful and potentially relevant resources on another page.
What you can do on these 404 pages is that you can add a search bar on that page that can prompt users to search for the term or page that they are looking for and then redirect them to the relevant page or post.
What Your Custom 404 Page Will Do
The traditional 404 pages on your websites are generally very unattractive and they do not provide any other information except for an message telling you that the post or page was not found. That way, they can influence the overall marketing performance of your website.
Benefits of using custom 404 page
- Customize a 404 page with helpful links and possibly a search bar
- Minimize the rates of bouncing and try to keep the traffic engaged with your website
- Make sure people stay in touch with your website and move your sales forward
- Leave them with a good feeling for a positive solution to their 404 problem
- Maintain a consistent branding on your website
- When you do something good, draw outside attention to your brand
One more thing about the last thing is that people love to talk and share smart 404 pages when they come online. So, a really good site can give you great backlinks.
We therefore wrap up our guide. We hope that our article was able to provide you some insight on Why Every Website Needs a Custom 404 Page.
OUR OTHER TOP CONTENTS, YOU MIGHT FIND IT USEFUL
- Top 5 Black Hat SEO Techniques, Must Avoid in 2021
- How to Get More Views on YouTube 10 Most Important Tips
- How to Create an XML Sitemap Seo
- SEO vs PPC Advertising Which is the Better Option
- How to Add Keywords to YouTube Video
- 3 Best SEO Keyword Research Tools
- Things you should know about Google Penalty in SEO
- What is Domain Authority?? How to Calculate the Domain Authority of a Website
- Keyword Cannibalization Facts: Why It is Bad for SEO
- How to Optimize Alt Text to Enhance SEO Rankings
- What are 301 Redirects in WordPress