What are Featured Snippets?
Featured Snippets contain short pieces of text that appear at the top of Google search results to answer a searcher’s query. Content that appears in a Featured Snippets is automatically pulled from web pages in the Google index. Types of Featured Snippets include definitions, tables, steps, and lists.
Following are the two major ways you can optimize your content for Google’s featured snippets to build more traffic:
- Providing a better answer to the questions
- Optimizing your on-page SEO
1. Ask To – The -Point Questions
For paragraph-specific pieces, Google seems to prefer responses that are present in a single paragraph.
Also, the average length of these paragraph fragments is 46 words.This means that it is best to answer questions under all headings in one short paragraph.To do this, you need to adapt your blogging style to this basic format.
- Ask a question in your article – usually as a subheading.
- Answer the question immediately in a paragraph of about 50 words.
- Further explain stuff
Such a structure should also improve your content and readability.It’s worth noting that Google also prefers long format content – also called “pillar content” or “cornerstone content”.
2. Answer Many Similar Questions in One Article
In the course our research, discovered an encouraging phenomenon: once a page is submitted, it is likely that many questions will be asked about it.To stand out in more pieces, you need to create your own articles to answer many related questions.You can use tools like SERP Stats Queries to find keywords related to the queries.”When you use data to drive thematic ideas, content creation is more about resources and less about mindfulness,” notes AJ Gerzich, an SEO and content marketing expert. “In addition, Google specializes in identifying different phrases in the same query.For example, we searched for “How to start surfing” and Google returned a piece entitled “Part 1 Getting the Right Gear”.Again, creating in-depth articles that cover a lot of relevant questions is a great way to increase your chances of getting more traffic.
This concludes our article What are Featured Snippets? – How To optimize for Google’s Featured Snippets to Build More Traffic. We hope this article was able to give you a pretty good idea of what featured snippets are and how they can be used to optimize your posts for building more traffic.
OUR TOP CONTENTS, YOU MIGHT FIND IT USEFUL
- Top 5 Black Hat SEO Techniques, Must Avoid in 2021
- How to Get More Views on YouTube 10 Most Important Tips
- How to Create an XML Sitemap Seo
- SEO vs PPC Advertising Which is the Better Option
- How to Add Keywords to YouTube Video
- 3 Best SEO Keyword Research Tools
- Things you should know about Google Penalty in SEO
- What is Domain Authority?? How to Calculate the Domain Authority of a Website
- Keyword Cannibalization Facts: Why It is Bad for SEO
- How to Optimize Alt Text to Enhance SEO Rankings
- What are 301 Redirects in WordPress