Benefits of Image Optimization
- It will take short time to open the page.
- It will improve your SEO ranking.
- It also increases users of your website.
- It will give great experience to the user of your website.
Image Optimization tips
1. Create customized image filenames
Give some time before naming your image. You must use keyword friendly name for your image.
2. Write SEO friendly image alt text
Your image alt tag must be SEO friendly and it should define your product or service in few words.
3. Image file size
The size of the image should be small so that the webpage can open in very few moments. If the size will be bigger it will take more time to open the webpage.
4. Choose the best image file type
Use JPEG or PNG image file type and use the small size images on your webpage.
5. Create an image site map
It will help Google in finding the images and will take less time to open the page.
6. Open graph and Twitter cards
Two types of cards can be implemented in Twitter cards. You can add summary, title, description and thumbnail of the image.
7. Mobile friendly images
Most of the people use phones for surfing so you must upload the images that are mobile friendly.
8. Structured data
It will make easier for the search engines to understand better by using structured data.